UNSTAKED MINING GUIDE
1. Register with Rosetta@home
- Rosetta@home is a volunteer distributed computing project by the Baker laboratory, University of Washington, running on the BOINC platform of the University of California, Berkeley.
- First, visit the Rosetta@home homepage and click on “Sign up“
2. Join the BiblePay Team
- Please open your Rosetta@home Account page and look for “find a team”.
- On the next page, type “biblepay” in the search field and click “Search”.
- On the result list, click on the “Biblepay” link.
- On the BiblePay Team detail page, click on the “join this team” link.
- On your account page, you will now see that you have joined the Biblepay Team.
- Your Rosetta@home account is now ready. Time to install the software!
3. Download BOINC from the Android Play Store
You can find the Android BOINC app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.berkeley.boinc
- Download and install the app.
- Click ‘add project’ and select ‘Rosetta@home’
- Fill in the email-address, username and password used when registering at the Rosetta@home website.
- To start mining, by default the phone has to be on a charger. You can tweak the settings in the app.
4. Download the BiblePay Wallet from the Android Play Store or create a Paper Wallet
In order to participate in our Unstaked Mining Project, you need a BBP-address. You can use any address you want, but since this guide presumes you don’t own a computer, we will show how to create your own address with your Android phone (i) or with a Paper Wallet (ii).
(i) You can find the Android BiblePay Wallet here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.biblepaywallet
- Install the wallet by following the on-screen directions.
- Create a Receive Address by clicking the ‘receive’ button and copy this address for later use.
(ii) Alternatively, you can create a Paper Wallet. In order to do that,
- To create a Biblepay Paper Wallet, go to https://biblepaywallet.github.io/
- You will be able to generate a unique Paper Wallet by moving your mouse around or typing randomly on your keyboard.
- When the Paper Wallet is generated, you will receive a PUBLIC and a PRIVATE key. You should keep the PRIVATE key safe, and never show it to anyone.
- You can print out your Paper Wallet, put it on a USB-stick, or save it in a Secure Cloud (like Dropbox). You can also add a passphrase to the Wallet if you’d like.
- You can share the PUBLIC key safely with anyone you want (in this example, the public key is: BAeMZ7j8X1oXbhAfSUrBN9JD64D4RBSrLT
- You can always import a Paper Wallet into your Android Wallet by scanning the QR-code. Alternatively, you can import it in the standard walllet by using the command: importprivkey “PRIVATEKEY“
5. Register your account as UNBANKED on pool.biblepay.org
- In order to associate the BOINC on your smartphone with a Biblepay public key, you first need to set up a Biblepay account.
- Go to https://pool.biblepay.org and there will be a login prompt
- Click on the ‘Register’ button
- Fill in your User Name, Password and Email
- Click on the ‘Register’ button
- A box will appear that says ‘Succesfully Registered’
- Go to the following menu: Account > Associate Unbanked CPID.
- Fill in the Android Wallet Address (or any other BBP-Address that you would like to use).
- Use your Rosetta@home E-Mail Address and Password to link your Biblepay Wallet Address to your Rosetta@home account.
- You are now ready to receive rewards in BBP!
- If you want to keep track of your CPID statistics, you can add it under ‘Account > Account Settings’ and the pool will show them.
- It can take 1-2 days before your first payment after you solved your first task with Rosetta@home. After that, you will get a daily payment.