We are sponsoring a lot of orphans, and receiving letters from them is a privilege. They always have a bunch of questions for us: where we live, what we do, what our passions are. And I can imagine you have a bunch of questions for them too, since they often live in parts of the world where we don’t venture ourselves in person. There is so much we can learn from each other, and by writing letters we can get closer to them and ourselves. Writing letters is easy!
And the beautiful thing about BiblePay is that you can earn a nice amount of BBP when writing letters. It’s a present from us to you, because you’re doing such a beautiful thing by answering the letters that our orphans write us!
1. Create an account on pool.biblepay.org
If you don’t have an account already, you first need to register on pool.biblepay.org.
- Fill in your User Name, Password and Email
- Click on the ‘Register’ button
- A box will appear that says ‘Successfully Registered’
2. Write a letter!
- In the menu, go to ‘Orphans > Write Letter’.
- A list will appear with all the orphans that still need a letter written this month.
- When you left-click on one of the orphans, a box will appear with all their information.
- On the top there is a link to ‘Letter Writing Tips’ so you can write a good letter.
- On the left you can write your letter.
- On the right is their bio.
- On the bottom is a list of all the letters we’ve received and sent. It is advised to base your letter upon the last received letter.
- You can also attach a nice picture with the ‘Add Picture’ button underneath the bio!
- You need to write at least 4 paragraphs separated by white spaces.
- If you get a “Sorry, you are not authorized to edit this message.” notification, try logging out and in again.
- It’s advised to copy your letter before sending it in order not to lose your work in case anything goes wrong.
- BiblePay works with a voting system in order to see if your letter is of good enough quality to really be sent.
- You can see all the letters that have to be voted on at ‘Orphans > Outgoing Letters’.
- Once your letter reaches net 7 upvotes, the letter is approved, the letter is sent to the child, and you receive a small bounty in the form of BBP coins credited to your account. To up- or downvote a letter on the page you must RIGHT CLICK on the letter to bring up the voting pop-up menu.
- If you would be so kind to up- or downvote a couple of letters after you’ve written your own, the system will sustain itself.
3. (Optional) adopting a child
You can adopt a child with the goal of having a closer letter-writing relationship with a child.
To Adopt a child:
Click Orphans | Adoption List | Right click on the Orphan | Click Adopt
(Note: Only non-adopted children are in this list).
To write to an adopted child:
Either click “Orphans | Write” or click the Write button from your Account settings page.
Adopted child info:
From Account | Account settings, you can see who you adopted and you have the option to Abandon an adopted child.
You must write one letter per month to the adopted child. To make this easy we set a deadline date in your Account Settings (see Letter Deadline date). If you fail to write to the child by that date, we will send a friendly reminder via e-mail once per day until the 59th day. After the 59th day, the child is automatically abandoned back to the adoption list.