If you had to characterize Masternodes (or as we like to call them: Sanctuaries) with one sentence, it might be something like ‘power to the people’. In BiblePay there is no ‘boss’ signing checks. Instead, all payouts are settled in a decentralized way by what’s a called Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO). There is a network of Sanctuaries that vote month after month on what proposals to fund and which direction our community should take
Besides this, the sanctuaries do some other things:
- Serve as external nodes, a feature required by proof of service, providing a stable resilient network.
- InstantSend, which adds the ability to send coins instantly.
- PrivateSend, which adds the ability to send coins anonymous.
- Handle the monthly BiblePay Budget Superblock payout (which contain 20% of all generated coins that month).
- Run custom mission critical code, which is currently being developed as per our roadmap.
To run a Sanctuary, you need to lock up 4,500,001 BBP (that stay in your possession).
In return for the provided services, all Sanctuaries combined receive 35.0% of all generated BBP.
You can easily host your Sanctuary in a hassle-free way on a Masternode hosting service:
Setting up a Sanctuary yourself
You can find a complete guide for setting-up a Sanctuary yourself here. It includes a One Click Masternode Install Script.
Be alerted when the status of your sanctuary changes (this is for example helpful in the event your Sanctuary goes offline for whatever reason).
Biblepay was ranked 19th out of 375 coins with Masternodes by Omni Analytics on July 2018.